Know The Benefits and Challenges of Implementing Cloud ERP in Schools
The coronavirus pandemic led many organisations, including educational institutes, to shift to cloud ERP. It is a system that operates on a cloud platform, making it easy for organisations to access software via the internet. Replacing the on-premise network with a cloud-based system offers many benefits. This blog sheds light on cloud-ERP benefits in schools and the challenges of implementing the same. So without further ado, let's dive into it.
Benefits of Implementing Cloud ERP in SchoolsThe benefits of implementing cloud ERP in schools are but not limited to the following -
- Save Costs - Implementing a cloud ERP system in schools saves IT infrastructure and maintenance costs. By choosing cloud-based systems, the schools need not purchase and maintain expensive hardware and software.
- Easy Setup - Acquiring and maintaining your infrastructure requires ample time, resources, and money and is cumbersome. In contrast, a cloud-ERP setup is better since it is easy to deploy.
- Saves Time - Choosing cloud ERP requires your school's IT staff to invest less time in maintenance and upgrades, thus giving ample time to focus on more core tasks.
- Scalability - The number of students never remains the same, and when the number grows, the ERP needs will grow too. Schools can easily satisfy increasing needs with a cloud-based system, as they can quickly scale up or down depending on changing needs.
- Data security - Cloud providers secure data via numerous measures, such as firewalls and encryption. Also, cloud providers have robust solutions and resources to maintain adequate security levels. Compared to on-premises systems, cloud ERP systems, especially that offered by Radical Logix, are highly reliable as they provide higher data security.
- Efficient management - Employing cloud ERP systems streamlines administrative processes and makes it easier for the management to maintain student information, schedules, and other administrative tasks. Ultimately it improves the efficiency of the school management.
Challenges of Implementing Cloud ERP in SchoolsNow that we know the benefits of implementing Cloud ERP, let's understand what challenges the schools face in implementing the same and how to overcome them.
- Data Privacy - With cloud ERP, schools entrust their sensitive data to an outside party, raising concerns about data privacy and security. However, by designating the right cloud service providers, you can ensure that the sensitive data of your school students are in the right hands.
- Stable Internet - Cloud ERP systems demand high-speed and stable internet to function correctly. System performance and data access will suffer with unreliable or slow internet connection. So, you can overcome it by relying on top internet service providers.
- Staff Resistance - Implementing a new ERP system might confuse staff members unfamiliar with the technology, and they might resist using the technology. But that's not a big issue. You can ensure staff members can effectively use the system by arranging proper training and providing ample support.